Time in Karachi

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Police (-:

A couple of days back I was going home at around 5am. As soon as I stepped on to Baloch Colony Flyover which leads to Expressway, A Police vehicle crossed me and stopped my way. I remain seated and 2 guys came out of the police truck one of them aiming at me with his gun & other walked towards my car and asked me to for a search. I stepped out of my car, he searched me and then I went to stand beside the car and then he went to search my car.

After searching the car he came to me & said I've got too many cds in the car, my response to which was a question if thats a crime or carry more than x number of audio cds in the car :D. Ofcourse our Pakistani Police didnt like my response and asked me to show the papers, since the car was unregd so I didnt have any registration papers and he asked me for my license. My reply to that was its the job of Traffic Police not him (-:

Before he could get "more pieces of my mind" another Cop jumps into the scene and this 1 plays the role of polite 1. He goes as expected "Dekho Beta aap achey ghar ke ho (I wonder how does he know that? is he a palmist?) khamka mai takleef hogi, koi kagaz bhi nahi aap ke pass, batao kia kerein?" I tell him to send a cop with me to my home & I will show him all the docs, to which he replies "Beta ye tou hum nahi kertey, hum aam tor pe gari thaney le jatey hain aur aap ko ghar se kagaz laney parey gey, aab is waqat tou taxi bhi nahi miley gi aap ko"


To that I tell him, lets take the car to the Police station and I start walking towards the car. He comes after me and goes like "Arey beta kham kha mai masla hoga, yehai mamla khatam ker detay hain kuch ker lo, 1 - 2 liter diesel ke paise wagera" I simply ask him "Aap paise mang rahey hain" he only smiles, Now thanks to the press card which was given to me by a friend who owns a magazine. I simply flash the card out of my wallet & go like "Mujhe yehai sunna tha, aap **** thaney k ho na? aab aap se kal baat hogi" and I continue walkign towards the car.

Now the tables turn and all three of them come to lick my ass... One of them (the 1 who was holding gun towards me all the time) opens the passenger seat door & tries to "negociate" with me while others are literally begging me to let it go from my side of the car. After about 5 mins or so I tell them that its okay I'll let it go and off I go...

As soon as I turn right towards city chapter something on the passenger seat catches my eye & when I look down at it, it turns out to be a Rs.100 note which was probably "gifted" by the 1 holding gun.... Some begger got that the next day (-:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol you should have kept the note and framed it mate