Time in Karachi

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Is the Moment REALLY Now? / I CAN write


I & Annie went out to discuss my book last Sunday, it was one of the most fun Sundays in years… Now the way she was working on my book was pretty impressive… like as if she knew it all as how its going to be & stuff, frankly speaking after looking at her work I was more like asking myself if I can do this? She was impressive, I saw her writing for the first time… You know, whatever I write is about some personal experiences… Now with this book it’s more like making stuff on my own, thinking of a story…

Anyways… I at a lot of times see the digit 19 flashing next to my drafts folder of gmail. Trust me I’ve no clue what those 19 unsent emails are… hehehe… Anyways, today I thought to take a look.

Funny how our preferences change with time, I made this gmail account about 4 yrs back I guess and in these 4 years I’ve changed… A LOT… now I’m thankful to God for not sending those drafted emails to the recipients they were meant for, because if I had, it would’ve been so so so stupid… lol… Stuff I used to consider so cool back then appears so silly now… Funny all I want now is X but in 5 years from today when I’ll have X or Y may be, I’ll think of myself as silly for wanting X back then… So is the moment really NOW? Or is there more to it? May be if I get what I want today then it wont appear silly after 5 years because I’ll be content for having what I will have then.

Then I came across this email where I had actually bothered writing a subject, and that subject reminded me about a song that I used to have, I thought it was that song which I don’t have on me anymore so I opened that email wanting to download that song…

Turns out, that was this one unpublished story which I wrote a few years back, it was like a complete story that I came up with, from start to the end… I don’t remember why & when I attached that into an email & then saved it there… I didn’t even remember writing that story… I don’t think I even discussed or showed that particular thing to anyone… and compared to that, the work that I’ve done on this book of mine? Its absolutely great…

So going back to that drafts folder & finding that piece of writing gave me a new level of confidence, now I know I did it back then and am doing A LOT better now… means I can do it for sure… Plus now I’ve Annie helping me on that… InshAllah that book for sure will be better & great…

Confident Puri Sahib knows it all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!