Time in Karachi

Thursday, October 22, 2009

October 22nd 2009, 01:10am PST

Today was a different day, a very few cars on the roads of Karachi. I & the roads of my Karachi are used to traffic jams… So even a few cars there made the roads seem almost empty…

There was a weird feeling in the atmosphere, after the recent terrorist activities happening around the country and schools closed as precaution after the Islamic University blast in Islamabad yesterday… I wasn’t born when my Pakistan was in a war situation back in 1965 & 1971… My mother tells me that they closed all the schools back when my Pakistan fought those wars. So are we really in the state of war? Rahman Malik on TV says so…

What’s this depression that I feel? As if something is about to happen, my ears are alert to hear a sound of blast whenever I’m out… This is not how my Karachi has ever been… We’ve seen crisis situations before and things have been bad in the past… But this is more than anyone can handle…

Right now I sit in my chair thanking Allah for saving me, my family, relatives & all my friends & their families from these terrorism activities. We all are safe and somewhat lucky Alhumdulillah! But I also think, how long? How long am I going to stay lucky? They way things are going I don’t see myself to be lucky long enough… I’m very selfish and may be the next terrorist activity takes someone from me whom I actually care for… What am I going to do then? I want to get out of this feeling of depression… I want to feel free & safe again…

Puri Sahib Praying for All

No comments: