Time in Karachi

Monday, March 2, 2009

Technology!

A few days back a friend suggested me to watch "He's not all that into you" (to all my male readers... it was a mistake to watch it because the movie is WAY too girly)

Apart from the whole movie... there was a scene where Drew Barrymore is complaining that it used to be so easy in the old days when we only had 1 phone & 1 voicemail to check if somebody left a message or not... nowadays we have so many things which we say help us stay in touch with our friends & family all the time but is that really a help or a headache? Headache because now instead of 1 voicemail we have to check so many things, if someone left a message on facebook, myspace, orkut, sms, voicemail, mobile phone miss calls and the list goes on...

That was something I was able to connect to... Specially after last month when I was feeling like a tele operator... I used to carry 2 cell phones till last yr but eventually I got rid of 1... but Recently I had to face a time where I was using THREE phones and all of them ringing all the time... staying on phone all the time while with friends or family annoying all of them that I dont have time or them... Glad I'm back to one phone again...

SO the question is... is the technology really helping US? wasnt it simple when we used to have one phone lying at home and one at office, if you're available you're available if not then other will simply leave a message...

I have a friend in Canada and she doesnt use a cell phone at all... she says she wants her privacy and a cell phone doesnt help... very impressive... "Mai bhi bara ho ker aisa hi keroon ga"

Okay I dont feel like writing anymore so I guess instead of dragging it I should end it here...


Fed up Puri Sahib @-:

No comments: