Time in Karachi

Friday, February 27, 2009

Random Musing

Well... was busy... was hell busy... had a couple of things to write about BUT... I was busy...

So let’s start...

Saturday 21st Feb 2009

I came out of Jag's office at II Chundrighar Road around 13.30... Was walking towards my car when I had a tap on my shoulder... Thought it must be some beggar and just because I was in a good mood (not a regular feeling lately), I thought to spare some change... Turned around & there stood a guy around the age 25-30, must be a regular Doper or how we call it in desi term "Must" or something like that, I dont really know nor I'm bothered... He said "Mobile de do", before I could reply some shinny thing in his hand caught my eye... It was a gun which was hidden in his shawl... Within some milliseconds I thought about a 100 things (like flashback in movies) & decided it would be a safe call to hand the phone over rather than acting like identical twin brother of Tom Cruise... There goes "Mera Naya Nokia jo barey armaanoon se kuch din pehle lia tha"

He took the phone, didnt thank, didnt return the sim back... (Maa baap ne itna bhi nahi sakhaya)... Off he goes... It took me 3 minutes to realize what had just happened to me... Once realization hit... All I could do was to smile like a goof (-:

Went to Warid office from there, got the new sim issued and the biggest concern was about the numbers I lost in new sim... Came home to setup my status msg of facebook as per the "NEWS" and requesting everyone to msg me their numbers so I can rebuild my empire of phone book...

What really made me feel good then were a couple of friends offering me their spare phones to use until I get a new 1... I mean all the sorrow of loosing a dear phone vanished right there because if I have such caring people around me then who cares for a phone... "Phir le lein gey" :D

Some friends even told me how to backup my contacts... Some different ways... Though pretty lame... Now that phone is gone you're telling me how to take backup... Or if you're telling me I should do that for future safety then "Go to hell!!!" as if I'd be looking forward to loose another phone... lolz... But I guess it was their way of showing concern... So I love you all (-:

Monday 23rd February 2009

I had to go to Karachi City Court to get some property issues settled... I was told that the whole procedure would cost around Rs.60,000/- and then was offered that the same can be done in Rs.6,000/- if paid under the table... I mean "FUCK YOU!!!" is this still Quaid ka Pakistan?

Wednesday 25th February 2009

Before I write this bit... Let me say 1 thing for the records... "I am not with any political party, I hate them all equally"

Sharif Brothers disqualified for the elections, Punjab Assembly dissolved, People on the roads of Punjab... Lahore & Rawalpindi complete shut down...

Mr.Sharif gives a statement on TV "Aab awaam ghar mai ne bethay, ye waqat bahir nikalney ka hai"

Something similar which came to my mind... like a flashback in some movies, 27th December 2007, Death of Benazir Bhutto...? Whole country burning...

Mr.Zardari gives a statement on TV "Ye koi tareeqa nahi hai soog kerney ka, mulk mushkil door se guzar raha hai, Awam sabar ka damman haath se na choorein"

Shame on you Mr.Sharif!!!

Good Job Mr.Zardari!!!

Now some might say here that "oh he was only faking it" or "oh thats such a political statement"

I say... Be it, may be its all true BUT that was a positive message OR he turned out to be a better politician than Mr.Sharif





Puri Sahib just unwinding (-:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

shame abt the mobile!!

i wish you would move to wordpress its so much better and easier to comment on :D

Puri Sahib said...

Alta & his wishful thinking :-p

I would have happily made an account there but you didn't "request" me before I made this... Now cant make a new blog everyday...

here's a tip for you... just sign in to gmail & check the remember me thing... that'll make commenting easier for you :-p

Anonymous said...

I want my name to go to my blog and i dont like the word verification

and you can so easily move

do it will take 5 mins and time pass