Time in Karachi

Monday, May 11, 2009

Grow UP!!!

Part of this post is taken from http://jamash.wordpress.com/

Yesterday a friend was going for a picnic with her office mates and since I know a couple of her colleagues as well so they invited me in, Now since it was mother's day and I had plan of going for lunch with my mom so I decided to join the picnic after that...

It was GREAT fun at the beach, though I am not a big fan of beach but I liked the wind and company of nice friendly people around. When they decided to go in the water to get dirty I had to decline since I was planning to attend a dinner later and I didn't have time to go back home and change so I thought to stay away from water.

I was sitting at the hut listening the conversation of some guys outside (who also happen to work at the same office) talking about the girls who were there. They were doing a postmortem as if a detective would profile murder suspects. They were judging the character of every single girl by their appearances. "Look her shirt is so tight, and her boobs are so huge, she surely cant be virgin" , "Look at the other, her chest is completely flat, she must be a lesbian: , "Oh that one is continuously talking to Mr.X, they must be having a scene", Then they went about making a fuss out of a visible bra straps which they saw at office a few days back, telling how they saw a bit of a cleavage while they walked passed a girl sitting at her desk, and how they "think" so and so girl is a whore or not or a virgin or not. And just for the records, these men happen to be well educated who have been around women since university at least which means around 5-6 yrs at minimum.

While sitting there listening to them silly gossips besides disgust I felt a bit sorry too for these guys.

I mean For heaven’s sake What the FU*K do you guys have to do if she is a God damn whore or a Slut or a virgin or not? Are you some sort of a bloody keeper whose duty if to guard female virginity. And they are women, they are not some bloody object that you might be able to own someday, like you are looking for an untouched "Packed and Sealed" piece. And Why the hell No one questions how many girls you slept with before you decided to be "sincere" with one or in some cases several just so you can have Verity.

I am a man myself but I cant disrespect even a Female Sex Worker out there because of so many reasons and these men the majority of them, wouldn’t pause for even a second before they see a girl and they would instantly start judging her, weighing her and analyzing her character and boiling it all down to the possibility of her being a virgin or not… the only thing these men won’t give the woman is the respect and freedom which is their fundamental right of every human being.

Puri Sahib Wonders

No comments: