Time in Karachi

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Danda 2.0

For those who dont know about the Danda series can check
http://omerarshad.blogspot.com/2009/03/danda.html

Well... this time it so happened that on 27th of March this year I lost my beloved ATM of Bank Al-Habib to the ATM Booth of MCB @ Karsaz. Something new for me which I'd like to share with others as well is that if you dont take your ATM out as soon as it pops out, the machine sucks it.

Anyways right when it happened I called the helpline of MCB, number of which was written there, the Gentleman there told me to call my respective bank and report about the matter. I did that and also deactivated my card. I was told that the ATM will be available in my branch in 2 working days. Fair enough!

There starts a painful chapter of my life... "Quest to the ATM" or whatever, I really dont care... day after day, week after week, month after month, year aft... oh wait, I'm exaggerating it a bit no? hehehe... To cut it short, whenever I used to inquire about my ATM from my bank they used to say that its still not available at branch and I should remind about it at their call center and the call center people always had a scripted reply ready for me, "hum ne aap ki complain note ker li hai aur jald hi aap ka card aap ki branch mai deliver ho jeye ga" I've heard it so many times in last 2 months that I've learned it by heart... The worst part is, that was card of my personal account and I HATE TO USE CHEQUE BOOK... (believe it or not, I have this account for 3 yrs now, and was still using the first cheque book I got with the account but in last two months they made me get another cheque book issued, Ah! I hate them)

So the scenario was that I was MADE to take part in a game of tennis which I was not even playing... Well... things changed... they had to change... *Evil Laughter*... Last Tuesday I walked into my branch hoping to get the expected reply and they came up to my expectations... But I had some other plans in my mind... *Another Evil Laughter*, I (as if I just came from Timbuktu and dont know shit thus taking advice from them) stated, "its been 2 months now, what do u suggest? shall I send an email to State Bank & complain?" *Evil Laughter The Third*

Like we say in urdu "Hawa ukhar jana" or "Phat ke haath mai aa jana", do I need to explain their reaction anymore? hehehe... All of a sudden all their system came in "Action", the manager came out of his office to "Request" me to wait for another week and promised me to get me my card back within a week... The result is, I saw a miss call from my bank's number on my phone this Saturday when I left my phone somewhere, yes I got my ATM card back today... And I live happily ever after (till now, cuz I also happen to be an expert of bloopers so you never know)

Puri Sahib The Bharambaz...

p.s. one more huge major task still remaining... I've to call the bank to get the card reactivated... did I tell u I happen to be lazy as well? (yea I've got all the qualities)

1 comment:

SIPD Writer's Blog said...

YOU ! this happened to me once. but i got my card back in the morning.