Time in Karachi

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Adil (May his soul rest in peace.Ameen) - March 29th 2007

Yesterday when I sat down... everything appeared like a film in my mind...

Never Had a chance of meeting Adil in person which I'll regret for a long time...

There used to be members tech_wiz & faheem12 both owning 2.0D Saloon rollas... They used to treat every other car like shit & when DMMC Launched the range of Mistu Cars these two compared Galant Diesel with Corolla Diesel... I replied to that in favor of Galant & telling those two that both the cars are from different categories & all... there was one more guy from Lahore who posted his Galant 92 pics on the forum & asked those two to compare their brand new cars with his 11-12 year old Galant (since those two were also from lahore)

Somewhere in 2004, one night when I was driving back home I received a call from this guy from Lahore who saw my Galant 99 for sale on PW... he said he's recently sold his 92 Galant & since I got one wanted to know if I have any 95-96 Galant or BMW 316i 1990 for sale... I said I dont have Galant but I can arrange a BMW for you, why dont you consider buying a Merc. on that he replied straight forward that he might not be able to afford that (we were talking for the first time & if I were at his place I would never had the guts to tell the truth that I cant afford it, I would have said I dont like that car) I said that in your budget you can afford a W201 Merc. I also quoted him a Mazda 323 Sports Edition that I had back then which was Lahore Regd. but he refused that saying that car would be a headche itself (Later he found out that that car was previously owned by his friend in Lahore & then he regretted not buying it but I had sold it by then & I always bugged him for not buying a car he wanted to get from his friend). We spoke for almost 10 mins & then the call ending with my promise of emailing him 2 Mercs & 1 BMW's details & pics. I got busy with other stuff & when I sent the promised stuff about 2-3 days later, he replied me telling he's already bought a W201 190E as per my advice, he further apologized for not buying from me & said he's happy with the advice I gave.

That was the first interaction with an Active Pakwheels member & Adil.

After that we kept in touch off & on. the next thing I remember is in Mid 2005 when Jag & Hanif Bhai launched the photo frammed pics of cars from Wheels Gallery... Adil was the first one to place an order & I spoke to him to finalize about the size & all (since I was related to that project of PW)

Then when he bought Crown I remember his posting & asking all the members to guess the price except for usman666 & celica since he had told them before buying... I wrote an approx price (which was near his purchase price) & he asked me which one of them told me :)

In the end of 2005 / Begining of 2006 Adil posted his bike for sale... since I was under "Dhoom" effects I inquired him about his bike & that's when I added him on msn... we discussed different bikes & their prices, his bike some how didnt appeal to me so after eating his brain for more than an hour I apologized him that I wont be interested in his bike & requested him not to get offended... I still remember his reply which was something like "dont worry you dont need to say sorry or anything, inquiring about something before buying is your right & we didnt decide anything" I was more inclined for Hayabusa so about that he said "Omer bhai aap lhr aao mere saath betho Hayabusa pe, 1st gear mai 50, 2nd mai 90, 3rd mai 150. Us ke baad road khatam magar bike mai 2 gear abhi bhi hain" :) I promised him that I'll definately visit Lahore & he promised me hayabusa ride (we both couldnt fullfil our promises)

Then we used to talk over msn quite often & sometimes when he used to be busy with his fiancee on msn, he politely used to say that...

When Hanif Bhai decided to increase the number of mods my first recomendation was Adil cuz I believed that he'll use the powers in the right way...

Then when we pulled the famous charterali gag... once it was over he called me up & sunaofide me for a good 20 mins, Later when Saifi was here & we Pulled Saifi's gag, Saifi was sleeping @ alta's home while I & Alta were messing around with whole Admin & mods section. he called Alta & he was on speaker phone... we bajaofide him for good 10 mins & then said okay now would you like to speak to saifi... after hearing that all he did was busted out like Volcano, he sunaofide both of us for so long just because he was concerned about Saifi... then he said "wasey tum logoon ki waja se meri Saifi se jo narazgi ho geye thi 5 din se woh khatam ho geye". then he said next target for the same should be Naveed. he also warned me & alta not to come to lahore else he sould not be held responsible, when I said he doesnt know me then he while laughing said then tell me when are you coming to lahore & I'll plan my trip to Karachi in those days :) That night I, Alta, Adil & Sameer from Lahore (both of them on different speaker phones) talked for a good 40 mins approx... it was a fun night...

In the 3rd quarter of 2006 a friend of mine needed some medicines from her doctor in Lahore... without thinking for a second I knew who to call, I called Adil & requested him for the medicines... I said give me your account number, I'll deposit the money & you can send me the medicines... after listening to the amount of medicines he said "oh choro ji, itne se paise kia bejho gey aap? maine kaha pata nahi kitney ki medis hain". he went to that doc couldn't find his clinic for the first time, called me & my friend explained the address again, he went there next day again to arrange the medicines, tough for some reasons he couldnt get the medicines but this shows how much he cared for others...

I remember the last time we spoke over the phone was in Nov 2006, there was some misunderstanding & we argued for around 10 mins & cleared everything (he giving in on most of the things & Hanif Bhai can also vouch on that as he was sitting with me while I had the discussion with Adil & Hanif Bhai later said that I was wrong but even then Adil was big enough to give in)

I remember his last post that I read was about the emberassing auto related moments, he wrote when he was out with friends & one of them said "yaar woh black mai check ker" he looked there saw a black Vigo & appreciated the car & its rims when his friend's started laughing at him cuz they were discussing some girl wearing black...

I can write for hours I guess... when I needed Supra from Lahore, he scanning through showrooms looking for a suitable Supra for me, when he joined the Call Centre as HR Man, his taking my advice on that whole call centre thing, his field's trip & I pulling his leg asking him to take his Santro along instead of Crown... When his sister got married... all those Pathan jokes which I threw at him & he taking them all with a smile...

All I can say is... We all have lost a gem of a person... I've cried a couple of times while writing this, I smiled on a couple of things when I recalled them.

Last Saturday night I was on phone when my other phone rang & Hanif Bhai told me about his accident, I didnt want to go to Pakwheels so I told everyone that my PC is out of order (I was praying that he gets well & I be the first one to post the good news on forum)... that night Vajih kept me updated, next 2 days I kept in touch with Saifi... Monday night when I was about to go to bed, I got Sameer's msg that his body has stopped responding & the family has decided to keep him on ventiltor... after that I couldnt sleep for a couple of hours & kept praying for him... at around 4.35 in the morning I got a call from Saifi with the sad news :'(

I was planning to go to Lahore the next month to attend a friend's followed but Saifi's wedding & I was discussing about my plans with Adil that what we can do when I'm there... I dont think I'll be able to visit Lahore anytime in the near future...

No comments: